Join Bicycle Times at the Philadelphia Bike Expo
Join Bicycle Times on Halloween weekend as the Philadelphia Bike Expo celebrates its second year. Presented by Eastern Mountain Sports, the 2011 Expo features fat-tire founding father Gary Fisher as the keynote speaker with a presentation called "Origin of the Species - the Evolution of the Mountain Bike.”
Don't forget your costume for the ZombieCat alleycat and the Saturday night costume party at Keswick Cycles.
The 2011 Bicycle Fashion Showcase is sponsored by Road Holland cycling apparel, and will be produced by students and faculty of Philadelphia University’s Fashion Merchandising Department, adding a new level of glitz and glamor.
The “Philly’s Fastest Mechanic” contest will crown the technician who can assemble a complete bicycle in the shortest amount of time.
There will be Gentleman's ride hosted by Rapha on Sunday morning, a presentation by Bike Snob NYC and a swap meet hosted by NY Bike Jumble. So don't party too hard Saturday night!
Throughout the weekend, the award-winning Philadelphia food trucks will be on hand serving up a wide range of taste sensations. Bike Valet service will be provided by Neighborhood Bike Works. Visitors can stroll the Vintage Bike Gallery and there will be seminars on a variety of topics presented by the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia.
Other activities include:
- Keith Noronha of Reynolds Technologies, Ltd. will speak about “Frame Strength and Stiffness.”
- Steven LeBoyer, director of the Serotta Fit Lab will present “The Ideal Fit Position.”
- Spencer Finch, of the Pennsylvania Environmental Council will present “Ride the Regional Trail.”
- Blake Strasser of Pennsylvania Environment Ride discusses “How to Train for Your Big Ride.”
- Anne Lutz Fernandez, contributor to Streetsblog, and author of the powerful and highly recommended book Carjacked will talk about “Riding in America's Car Culture.”
- Ruchama, (certified yoga instructor and certified yoga therapist) will offer a class in “Yoga for Cyclists.”
- Other seminars and workshops include “Frame Materials Technology” presented by Wade Barocsi of Cycle Design, “Mountain Bike Design” presented by Drew Guldalian of Engin Cycles and “Eating on Two Wheels” presented by Tim Schlitzer maker of Try Chips.
- Mel Kornbluh’s popular “Tandem 101 - Tandem Fit” will return for the second year.
Help us keep this great magazine rolling - please patronize our sponsors and sign up for a subscription today!
Check out our sister magazine, DIrt Rag, your mountain bike forum since 1989.
Bicycle Times can and will use any website content (including Forum discussion) for publication in the magazine and/or on any Bicycle Times internet properties.
Thanks for your support...now go ride!