Marathon Mountain Bike National Championships a Family Affair
In the men's race Jeremiah Bishop was the runner-up, with Jay Henry, Peter Stetina and Colin Cares rounding out the podium. Joining women's champion Heather Irmiger on the podium, in second through fifth place were: Pua Sawicki, Gretchen Reeves, Krista Park and Heather Holmes.
The Firecracker 50 was the six of seven events on the 2009 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Ultra-Endurance Calendar. The current Ultra-Endurance series standings are as follows:
1. Harlan Price (Philadelphia, PA/Independent Fabrication)160
2. Jeremiah Bishop (Harrisonburg, VA/MonaVie-Cannondale) 100
3. John Mylne (Riverside, CA/Niner Bikes-Ergon) 85
4. Ernesto Marenchin (Stow, OH/Speedgoat Bikes) 78
5. Bryan Fawley (Austin, TX/Park Place Dealerships) 60
1. Rebecca Rusch (Ketchum, ID) 238
2. Sandra Tomlinson (Jacksonville, FL/Vanderkitten) 82
3. Danielle Musto (Grand Rapids, MI) 80
4. Rita Borelli (Tallahassee, FL) 70
5. Rebecca Tomaszewski (Boone, NC) 70
Complete 2009 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Ultra Endurance Calendar standings are available on the USA Cycling website.
The USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Ultra-Endurance Calendar wraps up with the USA Cycling 24-Hour Mountain Bike National Championships at Granny Gear's 24 Hours of Moab on Oct. 10-11th.
Photos courtesy of Matt Opperman, Gary Fisher team mechanic.
Help us keep this great magazine rolling - please patronize our sponsors and sign up for a subscription today!
Check out our sister magazine, DIrt Rag, your mountain bike forum since 1989.
Bicycle Times can and will use any website content (including Forum discussion) for publication in the magazine and/or on any Bicycle Times internet properties.
Thanks for your support...now go ride!